Re: low output only on 40m

jim

Couple 'o questions ...SSB or CW  and How is power being measured?  broadband watt meter ?

If so ..All emissions from the xmitter are being summed together (dc to daylight) ie fundamental + harmonics + spurs + ?

Jim

On Tuesday, January 15, 2019, 9:30:55 AM PST, Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@...> wrote:

Hi Evan,

Here is a contrary report for you. The forty meter output on my uBitx is
close to the same as 80 amd 30 meters and close to 10 watts. I have the
red and brown power supply wires connected together and run all of my
radios on 12 volt batteries (~13 volts at no-load, full charge). Due to
tolerance stacks among all the various parts used each of these radios
will be at least a little different from all others. If any parts are
out of tolerance that is going to be more so.

Mine is a V3 with the non "WX" audio IC socketed. I am running the CEC
software but that has nothing to do with RF power out. Board version might.

73,

Bill  KU8H

--
bark less - wag more