Re: uBix - transmit clicking when Mic inserted

Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@...>

Hi,

I don't plug-in or unlug anything wit the radio powered. Notthe uBitx. Not the PFR-3, not the Johnson Ranger, not the SW-3 (1933 vintage). Most of the time it's okay but can cause real fireworks. It's a habit that is good to promote.

73,

Bill KU8H

On 1/14/19 7:49 AM, d balfour wrote:
What is happening on my radio is that the tip shorts between the ground and the ptt as it slides in. Keying ptt. It shouldn't be putting out much power as the mic is not active until the last terminal is reached and engaged.
I try to not insert mic on running radio.
--
bark less - wag more