Re: Tracing receive signal for low signal

Dave Space

Hmm..I am rather new to this... I'm using the oscilloscope probes for both the signal generator input (set to 1x) at tp17 and oscilloscope probe at tp20 also set to 1x (as I believe I should be able to see the ~1khz or so signal at that point right? In the MHZ range I'd have to have it switched to 10x but figured I'm looking for low frequency 1x gives more granular voltage down to 2mv)  I tried using a small cap but I think it offset the voltage... might have to try it again with that ac coupled maybe.

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 05:37 PM, Bob Lunsford wrote:
The type tip/cable you use on the tp may also be a factor.
Maybe you use an isolated tip but if not, the tip/cable's
input impedance and resistance may be affecting the
signal. Just a reminder. I'm also assuming it's an RF tip.

Bob — KK4R

On Fri, 1/11/19, Dave Space <davesspacebar@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [BITX20] Tracing receive signal for low signal
To: BITX20@groups.io
Date: Friday, January 11, 2019, 8:21 PM

I'm wondering about
the crystal filter.  I input a signal at tp17 11.996 or
around there to get a tone at 290mv it only comes out at
<10mv peak-peak that's like -29db does that sound
right? I'm measuring with the oscilloscope at tp20.
Seems like an awful lot of loss or I'm detuning the
filter or something with the test.