Re: JackAl Encoder question...

bands11

I’ve got several BITX varieties and I’ve put standalone pushbutton switches on every one.  It’s great to be able to just push the button instead of anchoring my BITX with one hand and pushing the encoder switch with the other.  I simply wired them in parallel so I keep all the functionality as well.

Bob, KE7QEQ

On Jan 11, 2019, at 8:19 AM, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io <jjpurdum@...> wrote:

Other than putting another hole in the faceplate, I don't think it would be a bad idea to use encoders w/o the push button switch. The reason is because some encoders have a stiff switch, which requires you to hold the µBITX case since it doesn't have enough mass to sit still. (Place one of those little mats that you use to untwist jars under the µBITX helps keep it in one place.) A NO SPST push button could be used, and just run it to the pin reserved for the encoder switch, or use an open I/O pin. If anyone does this, report back here and lets us know what you think.

Jack, W8TEE

Veni vidi visa ... I came, I saw, I charged!