Re: JackAl Encoder question...

Jack, W8TEE

Other than putting another hole in the faceplate, I don't think it would be a bad idea to use encoders w/o the push button switch. The reason is because some encoders have a stiff switch, which requires you to hold the µBITX case since it doesn't have enough mass to sit still. (Place one of those little mats that you use to untwist jars under the µBITX helps keep it in one place.) A NO SPST push button could be used, and just run it to the pin reserved for the encoder switch, or use an open I/O pin. If anyone does this, report back here and lets us know what you think.

Jack, W8TEE

On Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 1:45:59 PM EST, PeteWK8S via Groups.Io <pmeier@...> wrote:

The main encoder does not have a pushbutton but I still intend to add the second fine-tune encoder which does have a push button.

As for isolating the headphone jack I'm using an enlarged hole and thin, clear plastic washer to insulate the jack's round nut. That plus paint in and around the hole should do just fine.