Subject: Re: [BITX20] Harmonics and Relay Replacement
To: BITX20@groups.io
Date: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 6:54 PM

Apparently,
the
requirements for these warnings recently changed.
Here is the
explanation from the MPJA web site, which now has
the Prop 65
warning on *every* single part they sell:

Carlos -
KJ6ST

On 1/10/2019
13:31, Bob Lunsford via
Groups.Io wrote:

That's
like the ceramic tubes used in one conduction cooled
amp by Heathkit that had a warning that said breathing the
dust from that ceramic tube was hazardous. This meant that
they did not recommend anyone use a grinder on them to
take them apart. Only a fool would do that, anyway.

Many of them were sold but I never heard of anyone being
assaulted by the dust.

California has people who sit up nights writing this stuff
up.
If it were a real unavoidable hazard, it would have been
pulled
off the market by the EPA. Still, good to know that there is
hazard with the relays. And I bet it is that something
inside
has been soldered. Also, I still use the old tin-lead solder
and
find myself worrying more about things.

Bob — KK5R

On Thu, 1/10/19, Christopher Miller <djmalak2k6@...>

To: BITX20@groups.io
Date: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 2:32 PM

Lol! So dont break it
open and lick it? That probably means it contains lead. I
worked in a clean room that used an an acid that would
destroy bone but only after time passed. We had calcium
rich
jelly so you could get to the hospital in time. All that
means is don't be stupid when installing them.

Kf4ftr