Re: Tracing receive signal for low signal

Dave Space

I did a few more tests -

Inputting at lower voltage at the antenna at 30mv @ 7.147MHZ I got about 14-16mv out at TP1.  Removing my jumper and injecting at the K1 side it was just slightly more at L4 maybe 15-18mv.  So the K3 relay doesn't seem to have a huge effect.

What is notable though is inputting at a lower voltage seems to have reduced the loading I think... seems like a bit less loss at low voltage than higher voltage.
(I have a sneaking suspicion injecting higher voltage due to all of the coupling crosstalk may turn on some transmit parts of the radio... no proof of that just a hypothesis... not sure even if that did happen what would the impact be.)  Or what else could cause less loss at lower voltage?  (Previously 700mv in producted only 95mv p-p at TP1)