Re: Harmonics and Relay Replacement

Carlos Puig

Apparently, the requirements for these warnings recently changed.  Here is the explanation from the MPJA web site, which now has the Prop 65 warning on *every* single part they sell:

Carlos - KJ6ST

On 1/10/2019 13:31, Bob Lunsford via Groups.Io wrote:
That's like the ceramic tubes used in one conduction cooled
amp by Heathkit that had a warning that said breathing the
dust from that ceramic tube was hazardous. This meant that
they did not recommend anyone use a grinder on them to
take them apart. Only a fool would do that, anyway.

Many of them were sold but I never heard of anyone being
assaulted by the dust.

California has people who sit  up nights writing this stuff up.
If it were a real unavoidable hazard, it would have been pulled
off the market by the EPA. Still, good to know that there is a
hazard with the relays. And I bet it is that something inside
has been soldered. Also, I still use the old tin-lead solder and
find myself worrying more about things.

Bob — KK5R

 Subject: Re: [BITX20] Harmonics and Relay Replacement
 To: BITX20@groups.io
 Date: Thursday, January 10, 2019, 2:32 PM

 Lol! So dont break it
 open and lick it? That probably means it contains lead. I
 worked in a clean room that used an an acid that would
 destroy bone but only after time passed. We had calcium rich
 jelly so you could get to the hospital in time. All that
 means is don't be stupid when installing them.

 Kf4ftr