Re: Harmonics and Relay Replacement

Clark Martin

I live in California and Proposition 65 warnings are everywhere.  They worded it so stringently that, I suspect, that many businesses put the sign up just in case.  It is a totally useless law.

I’m not saying these relays don’t have something hazardous in them but a lot of electronics does.  It does say they are RoHS compliant so it likely doesn’t have lead.

I’m surprised this site even lists it as they are a Florida company and aren’t constrained by California law.

Bottom line, don’t eat the relay and you should be good.

Clark Martin
KK6ISP

On Jan 10, 2019, at 10:18 AM, MVS Sarma <mvssarma@...> wrote:

Ted,
 did you watch the warning at the end
 here is it, i quote from that site.
"
MFG: AXICOM/TE
P/N: D2n V23105-A5403-A201
COIL: 12VDC/0.4W/360 ohm
CONTACT RATING: 3A@250VAC/220VDC
ACTION: DPDT
DIP Socket/PC Mount General purpose relay. uULc listed, RoHS compliant.
L: 3/4” W: 3/8” H: 7/16” WT: .005

California Proposition 65 Warning WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
(This item was manufactured prior to August 31st, 2018)

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 11:25 PM Ted via Groups.Io <k3rta=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Just an FYI for people looking to swap out their relays - while they last: M.P. Jones & Accociates at  US$.79 each and they're the right part number, etc.