Re: Bad encoder?

Richard E Neese

why using such old code 1.1 is out . you using a very old code. try updating to 1.1

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 5:23 PM <mcouncil@...> wrote:
I have completed the wire up and powered the ubitx up. I downloaded KD8CEC firmware 1.061 and uploaded it to the radio. I get the example display: 14.072k   50Hz  ST, second line:LSB A:  7.074.000. When I try to get to the main menu by pushing the encoder nothing happens until I rotate the encoder a few degrees? This results in: Band Select? When I press the encoder nothing happens until I rotate it a few degrees which results in: Press to confirm. When I press it nothing happens until I rotate it a few degrees and it reverts to the original screen.
I reinstalled the original firmware with the same results.
What to trouble shoot first?

Thanks for your help.

Mike, WU0G