Re: Tracing receive signal for low signal

Dave Space

Question can you use a capacitance meter to calculate inductance in circuit?

The ESR Meter
https://www.amazon.com/Signstek-MESR-100-Ranging-Circuit-Capacitor/dp/B00GYSFOM6/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1546812405&sr=8-7&keywords=esr+capacitor+tester

Uses 100khz to measure and returns a ohms resistance

So then the formula Z=2*pi*f*L in theory would be able to solve for L to get the amount in H for the inductor.
Z would be the ohms measured at 100khz.

I got on 2 of the windings for T1 it got 17.8 and 0.33 ohms ,18.1 ohms, and

Presuming that works it comes out to 28.8uH, 525nH, 28.3uH

I have no idea what T1 is supposed to be I don't see any markings on the schematic.

Is that a viable approximation at measuring?