Re: uBITX Wireup Diagrams on the HF SIGNALS WEBSITE ARE WRONG!! #ubitx #ubitx-help

Bob Lunsford

Another problem with putting a mono plug into a stereo jack is
that the two circuits in the jack relate to ch1 and ch2 and by it
being a mono plug with no "ring" on it, one of the channels is
shorted out. This could damage the amp, depending on amp
design. Some designers put the two earphones in series and
some put them in parallel. The uBitX uses parallel earphone
connections.

You can use an adapter or just get a cheep set of earphones.
Check Dollar Tree for many of devices we frequently use. For
what they are, it's the cheapest way, I find. Even cheaper than
Walmart. I'm guessing Walmart will buy out Dollar Tree someday.

Bob — KK5R

Subject: Re: [BITX20] uBITX Wireup Diagrams on the HF SIGNALS WEBSITE ARE WRONG!! #ubitx #ubitx-help
To: BITX20@groups.io
Date: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 5:27 PM

Pretty much all of the
headphones available today are stereo.
Plug
one of those into a mono jack and you only get one
earfull

On
Tue, Jan 1, 2019 at 10:56 AM, Brian Bowling wrote:

Anyone know why the kit ships with a stereo jack
at all if it only uses it as a mono?