Re: Microphony

Bob Lunsford <nocrud222@...>

I saw a hint about removing SMD devices some time ago.

If you do not have any tools for removing them, here is
the hint:

First, use a solder-sucker or wicking and remove any
excess solder. Then loop a #28 or so enameled wire under
the device and while heating the end, pull the wire out which
causes a gap at the end where heat is applied. Then you
can heat the other end and it will be easy to remove the
device.

I also wondered about snapping the device in two but was
worried that the stress could lift the pad/s. So far I have not
found it necessary to remove any SMD device but now you
have another suggested method for doing it.

Bob — KK5$

Subject: [BITX20] Microphony
To: BITX20@groups.io
Date: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 7:06 AM