Re: Rotary encoder

Peter Russell <peter.russell@...>

Thanks Jack.
Is there a particular type or spec that I should look for?

Peter.

On 01/01/2019 15:34, Jack Purdum via Groups.Io wrote:
First, try moving the encoder leads and see if it has an impact. If that fails, try a Bourne (or better type) encoder. If that fails, see if you can find a reasonably-priced optical encoder. I'm no EE, but these might help.
Jack, W8TEE
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 7:11:00 AM EST, Peter Russell <peter.russell@...> wrote:
Another little problem.
I'm finding that the rotary encoder is generating quite a bit of noise.
I can hear every 'tick' when I turn it.
Is this normal, or have I got a bad un?
I don't have any experience of rotary encoders, but this one seems a bit
'flimsy'.
I would have expected something a bit more substantial - or is this just
me being a bit picky?
Peter G8FWY
---
https://www.avg.com