Re: What to do when The Ultimate Short happens?

Jack, W8TEE

We all have to face this reality at some point, but I'm sure George (W9EVT) and his XYL have given it considerable thought. I know my XYL and family would not have a clue what to do with the "stuff" I've accumulated over the past 65 years. For that reason, my solution was to put in my will that everything in my "radio room" goes to my amateur radio club. If they don't want it, at least they will know how to dispose of it in a way that yields a tax write-off for my heirs and places some funds in the club's coffers.

As unpleasant as it is, we all need to act on its inevitability to the advantage of those we leave behind.

Jack, W8TEE

On Saturday, December 29, 2018, 12:11:12 AM EST, Bob Lunsford via Groups.Io <nocrud222@...> wrote:

And if it were to become by possibly various way a radio museum
or the items were to be a radio museum?

I wonder too if there is not someone who would want to be the
owner of such a collection in its entirety and had the wherewithal
to make it happen. It seems somehow undesirable that there
would be a break-up of such a collection. In many ways, it IS
amateur radio history.

My imagination working here and I do not mean to be morbid about it.

Bob — KK5R

On Fri, 12/28/18, K5ESS <k5ess.nothdurft@...> wrote:

I apologize if this is a bit morbid, but the mother of all estate sales on Ebay looms in the future.

Mike

K5ESS