Re: Antuino - the antenna analyzer

Ashhar Farhan

the challenge would be to eliminate the if image. this could be done when you sweep to both sides and eliminate the image reading in software. here is an example :

1. lets imagine that there is a signal at 10 mhz. for this, we set the local oscillator at 35 mhz (as the IF is at 25 mhz). how can we be certain that the signal we are resolving is not at 60mhz (60mhz - 35 mhz = 25 mhz)?
2. we can take a second reading by setting the local oscillator at 85 mhz. in this csse, thr 60 mhz response (if any) should show up. else we can confirm that the signal we resolved in step 1 is indeed a 10 mhz signal.

one has to be aware that such a system will be slow. lets imagine that you have to sweep 30 mhz. the crystal filter is 10 khz wide. hence, we will need 30,000/5 = 6000 readings. if we can get, 100 readings a second, this will take a minute to complete the scan. an alternative would be to have two filters, a crystal filter and a 4 or even 5 section LC filter at around 12 mhz. we could switch to the lc filter for large sweeps. my specan circuit has a suitable design.

you are aking what happens if there was signal at 110 mhz in step two? aaaah, you tell me!

- f

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018, 00:48 Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io <jgaffke=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
It already is a simple SA.
Just shut down CLK1 coming out of the SI5351.
Includes a tracking generator at CLK0/P4.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 10:41 AM, MadRadioModder wrote:
This could easily be turned into a simple SA.