From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2018 11:55 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Antuino - the antenna analyzer

My ADE-1 document just says that pins 1,4,5 are all ground,
3 is RF, 6 is LO, and 2 is IF. out.
Your schematic suggests that 4 is only the "ground" for the RF port,
and is not connected to the other two ground pins internally.

I suppose R21,R29,R16, and an antenna on P3 would form a balanced
bridge when the antenna is 50 ohms, CLK1 is driving the antenna and the top of the bridge.
The ADE-1 RF port sees any imbalance across the bridge.
CLK2 into the LO port is 25mhz above (or below) CLK1.

Still no idea what CLK0 and P4 are up to.

Jerry

On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 09:35 PM, Jerry Gaffke wrote:

And last but not lest, what the devil is going on around that ADE-1 mixer?