Encoder knob (with a nod to knobs in general) #parts #3d_printing #ubitx

David Negaard

While waiting for time to finish building my uBITX (and a suitable antennal—gotta love condo living!), I've been working on proliferation peripheral projects to make my rig my own. I'm an avid CAD hobbyist using Fusion 360, and have access to a 3D printer and CNC routers, among other cool tools, through my work; I teach a STEM class, along with English, at a local high school.

My first prototype of my first design, a knob for the encoder, just came off the printer this morning. It needs a little cleaning, but overall I'm really happy with it. I'll use the same basic design cuts for the volume knob, and for various other projects that may cross my bench.

de WH6FZA