Re: The BITeensio board is here. #ubitx

tomv

On Dec 13, 2018, at 6:24 PM, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:

Forgot to answer your question.  Yes anything using the RA8875 controller draws too much current.  The 3.3V output from any of the Teensy MPU's is a MAX 250ma and the other chips on the board pull 50-75ma so the 230ma from the 4.3" display will exceed spec by enough to put the MPU in jeopardy.

Jim

On Dec 13, 2018, at 5:07 PM, David Negaard <draagen@...> wrote:

I'm looking at larger displays (would like to avoid the major surgery for a 5", but would like a bigger display than the 2.8"), and I'm seeing a 4.3" TFT with resistive touchscreen, 4-wire SPI, and RA8875 controller that draws 230ma at 3.3 Vdd. Would that still require the extensive mods that the 5" display requires? I'm willing to do it if I have to.