Re: Power supply

Bob Benedict, KD8CGH

Supplies made for amateur radio are usually quiet. You don't need instruments - if you hear the supply in your transceiver it's too noisy.
I have two 30 amp linear supplies, but my precocious desktop space goes to a Samlex SEC123 switching supply. I use a fused distribution box from a Sotabeam kit.
If you are interested in QRP, building kits and different voltages you might consider a bench power supply. I use a Tekpower TP3005T Variable Linear DC Power Supply, 0-30V @ 0-5A which provides current limiting as well as voltage regulation.