ocxo 27 MHz oscillator

Kevin Luxford

Got the boxes assembled, completed the oscillator circuit, fired it up on 5 volts and not a sausage.  Got out my magnifying glass, checked all components and found I had been lulled into a false sense of security by the nice legible colour coding of the resistors. Light coloured bodies, easy to read value bands, except the decimal multiplier on one resistor was a bit abraded.  Yup I had installed a 330K instead of a 330R!  Did the repair and my KX3 now picks up the oscillator. Tomorrow will see if I can see the signal on my scope and measure its frequency.  The lesson for this dumkopf is measure each component before soldering.
73 Kevin VK3DAP / ZL2DAP