Re: Transmit Problem

Lawrence Galea

Have you tried putting the amplifier on the back panel?

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 5:59 AM Wayne Leake <wayneleake@...> wrote:
 Regarding the shielded enclosures, yup, most good radios are enclosed in metal cases.
 Receiver only is far less fussy.
 I was looking at a number of possible cases for my BITX, and decided on a BUD enclosure, all aluminum
 It is big enough for the HF Signal BITX40, but turns out not for another BITX I am assembling.
 Boards too wide to fit both exciter and PA boards in it.
 I see all these great looking plastic cases, but figured that I do not want to go with no shielding.
 Hence the one that will go into a cassette  deck case will have shielding.
 The ferrite beads have their places, but don't take the place of good shielding, which may also help prevent images and harmonics , plus spurs, from escaping.
 YMMV
 Wayne WA2YNE