Bitx40 Raduino question

Tim KF7VUT

Im trying to upload new firmware to the bitx40 and the arduino isn't recognized by the comp the red light comes on but no where in the device manager.  I know it isn't a cable because it recognizes the uBitx and another nano just fine.  The bitx40 rx with no problem but i haven't tx yet.  So as i am a novice with the arduino my question is to the experts: before I begin to TRY and unsolder the existing arduino and solder in a new, is there something im missing that could be causing the comp to not recognize the Nano?

hope that isn't to confusing..

thanks
73 Tim
KF7VUT