Re: Boy Scout activity event

Anthony Luscre

If you are looking for a hands-on project I suggest the Clothespin Key-

I would also suggest sending them home with links to a variety of radio-related resources-
I would especially direct them to the Icom - Zack & Max Comic books and the online SDR for them listen to later (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Nl2a7H57Ayu2lLjIASan6UfCkeXiV-Tw3SjBPIxlDrY/edit?usp=sharing)

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 9:22 AM Art Olson <olson339@...> wrote:
I am looking for some ideas that can be used in a 30 minute window, or less, to introduce ham radio to a dozen scouts. My idea is to employ a few HTs in simplex mode, divide the the groups into 2 or 3 per team. Have each team search for something ( not defined) using the HTs and clues to where the something is located. Each team will have a licensed operator with them during the activity. Also this will be an evening event in a church activity building. Any ideas welcome. This is an opportunity to spark interest and get involved for the scouts.
73

Art N2AJO

--
Anthony Luscre

K8ZT
Assistant Ohio Section Manager for Education Outreach
ARRL - The National Association For Amateur Radio™

a@... (best for Education & Technology)
k8zt@... (best for Amateur Radio)

The Web Resource Hoarder- www.ZTLearn.com
Web Resource Hoarder Blog