Re: µBITX: Documentation

Ghericoan

Bill, seeing as the hobby encompasses such a wide range of activites and the fact that the ubitx can be built to target a specific sub set (my ubitx v4 will be built for digi mode exclusively next week) it would be helpful to know what exactly he is asking.

If I knew his level of knowledge, I could easily make a pdf targeted better to his needs. I am just offering help to him, but I need to know his use case to do so...

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018, 10:43 AM Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@... wrote:
Hi,

Radio newbies may not know how to actually use a radio to find the
desired signals. The uBitx is terribly easy to use - *IF* we know how to
operate a radio on the air. That is how I see the poster's question.
It's obvious to me if he (and other newbies) already knew all of those
things they wouldn't be asking those basic questions. The kind of
qy=uestions some hams call 'dumb questions'. They aren't really dumb
questions. Those basic questions are how we find the path to new skills.

Youtube cinematography anybody? I am not so sure I could give a good
explanation in this text only format even with a couple of photos. I
feel the need to learn how to make and post youtube videos. In the past
there was just no substitute for the old-timer showing the newbie what
to do in person while sitting in front of real hardware. Something like
youtube or a podcast (whatever that is) may be our best choice now.

73,

Bill  KU8H

--
bark less - wag more