Re: Si5351 correction question

Bill Cromwell

Hi erry,

My comments were in a completely different universe :) I assumed being posted here it was something it is not. While we all know about "assume" it isn't unreasonavle to expect questions posted here to be about the Bitx machines. Moving on...

73,

Bill KU8H

On 11/03/2018 12:53 PM, Jerry Gaffke via Groups.Io wrote:
The etherkit library is totally different than the si5351bx routines
used on the uBitx.
So my discussion of the correction factor may or may not pertain.
Good luck.

On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 09:46 AM, Mark Pilant wrote:

Hi Jerry.

I have not heard of others in the forum voice concern about the
si5351 calibration
changing.

I have not as well, but I wanted to check to see if my symptoms
jogged anyone's
memory. :-)

Assuming your firmware is using the si5351bx routines that
Farhan's original release
was using,

I'm not sure if it is; I haven't actually checked. The sketch I'm
using to test
the Si5351 is in the Etherkit (NT7S) GitHub repository.

I might have to check out the 25 MHz oscillator. I have an HP
Modulation Analyzer
which should do the trick. (It also uses my GPSDO as a reference.) I
do have an
Efratom rubidium standard, but find my GPSDO (HP Z3816A & Spectracom
8140) more
convenient :-) :-)

bark less - wag more