Re: Simpler spur fix

MadRadioModder

It’s the PCB tracks/ /layout and relays that are the problem… not the toroids/ toroid layout.

MRM

From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of Sascha Bohnet | DL5SMB via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2018 5:45 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Simpler spur fix

Maybe this is a stupid question but wouldn't it be possible to just shield the original toroids from electromagnetic influences?

I have a small copper cube made from plumbers Sheet copper in mind which could be connected to the ground on the underside.
Or is this just a little bit naïve?

I would actually give it a try myself - but as I do not have a spectrum analyzer, I would not be able to find out if it did help or not.

Of course changing them to SMD inductors is easier - but this way the high Q toroids could be preserved.

--

…_. _._