Re: Harmonics and Relay Replacement

Mike Woods

Mike

I suspect that the bracketed phrase (current tested) in the datasheet may be to the relevant clue for this relay (5476). Presumably they are tested to meet the 3A switching capacity.

All of the D2n relays are  BT47 relays it seems, but this series 54xx are designed for British Telecom use (and presumably tested to BT requirements).  47 W / 6 is the BT classification for a 12v coil relay of BT47 specs.   Hence the 476 in the number.   I gleaned this from a read of the Farnell spec.   I suspect they might be slightly more expensive, but I haven't looked...  I suspect they are still compatible.

I didn't realise that photo had a different number on it until you pointed it out ... I checked only the opening and closing numbers!  I will remove the photo just in case.

Mike

On 13/10/18 5:41 PM, Mike Doty via Groups.Io wrote:

One thing I want to mention is that I saw over on the ubitx.net site that Mike has posted a picture of an Axicom relay with a part number of V23105A5476A201.  Looking in the PDF document and the D2n datasheets, this particular relay is listed separately from the ones we are discussing.  While it is a 12V relay I haven't been able to confirm that this relay is RF rated.  It's listed as BT47 type with a coil resistance of 280 ohms.  What makes this relay different from the 503 relay isn't clear, other than it is rated for more than 500mW, but there must be reason that it is listed in a separate category.  In case anyone is interested and wants to try this relay, Newark has them on sale right now for $0.99 each.  I purchased 20 this morning and when they arrive I will be cutting the case off of one, as well as dissecting one of the 400mW relays, to do a visual comparison.  I'll post pictures of my results.  I don't think I will be pulling the existing relays off of my rigs to actually test them though:-)
--
Mike Woods
mhwoods@...