Re: Harmonics and Relay Replacement

Mike Doty

Good evening Kees,
As I said in an earlier post, with the Axicom relays installed in 3 different rigs, I am not seeing any harmonic greater than -50dBm on any band from 80 thru 10 mtrs.  I have fuzzy pictures of the SA results for each band but I didn't want to take up server space posting them here.  I can make them available to anyone that wants them but the files are large.

Looking at the 3 rigs I have I found two different brands of relays installed, Hongfa and Virtual.  Readingt the datasheets for both brands and the Axicom relays the only difference I can see in the specs presented is a difference in coil resistance.  Notably though, neither datasheet for the installed brands gives a spec for RF isolation which makes me wonder whether they are actually rated for RF usage.  The datasheet for the Axicom indicates -39dB at 100 MHz.  I can't think of any other explanation for the results I'm getting but, as I also said in an earlier post, these are MY results that I have passed along for consideration.  For me, I'm satisfied with what I'm seeing.

--72-- Mike --  W0MNE