Re: Harmonics and Relay Replacement

Joe Puma

Mike this sounds promising. Thanks for the work and feedback.

Joe

On Oct 8, 2018, at 4:51 PM, Gordon Gibby <ggibby@...> wrote:

Wow great work Mike!

On Oct 8, 2018, at 15:54, Mike Doty via Groups.Io <mikedoty@...> wrote:

I thought I would pass this along, for whatever it is worth.  I have two Ver 3 and one Ver 4 uBiTX rigs.  I have replaced K3, KT1, KT2, and KT3 relays with Axicom relays which has knocked down the 3rd, 5th, and 7th harmonic levels from -35dB to below -50dB on all 3 rigs without any board modifications to the LPF circuits.  This may be anecdotal but with 3 rigs showing the same results it may be something to consider.  I purchased the relays from Mouser - part # 655-V23105A5403A201.  Cost was $2.89 per relay plus shipping.  I've attached photos (sorry for the blurriness) showing the before and after results on my Ver 4 rig.
--73--  Mike  --  W0MNE
<v4_1 spec.jpg>
<v4_1 axicom spec.jpg>