Re: Harmonics and Relay Replacement

Jack, W8TEE

Mike:

I'm a software guy and am a bag of hammers when it comes to the EE stuff, but this is very interesting to me, since we have so many people who are worried about the harmonics. Thanks for the post!!

Jack, W8TEE-

On Monday, October 8, 2018, 3:54:16 PM EDT, Mike Doty via Groups.Io <mikedoty@...> wrote:

I thought I would pass this along, for whatever it is worth.  I have two Ver 3 and one Ver 4 uBiTX rigs.  I have replaced K3, KT1, KT2, and KT3 relays with Axicom relays which has knocked down the 3rd, 5th, and 7th harmonic levels from -35dB to below -50dB on all 3 rigs without any board modifications to the LPF circuits.  This may be anecdotal but with 3 rigs showing the same results it may be something to consider.  I purchased the relays from Mouser - part # 655-V23105A5403A201.  Cost was $2.89 per relay plus shipping.  I've attached photos (sorry for the blurriness) showing the before and after results on my Ver 4 rig.
--73--  Mike  --  W0MNE