Re: Adding /modifying firmware. #firmware

Mike Woods

Andy

Two bits of firmware to install:

1) firmware on Raduino that installs the control instructions for queries from the Nextion display.  Uploading the latest firmware gives all current features on the uBITx.
2) firmware for the Nextion display.  Ian describes the method using the micro-sd card.  You can also uplift ad using a usb to FTDI serial interface.  Your choice!  The Mextion has its own processor and also needs firmware to communicate with the uBITx.

Hope this helps...

Mike ZL1AXG

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 at 9:25 AM, KM4TRT via Groups.Io <garello=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi group,
I successfully added Nextion 2.4 screen to my uBit-x  using Dr. Lees  CEC software/firmware? version 1.097 (currently 1.1)'
I have had a lot of fun learning how to use it,  but still confused about the update process
Dr. Lee talks about 2 methods of uploading changes.  1) upload the arduino code directly to the radino, or 2)  Save the arduino code as a hex file and use the bootloader to load the hex file.
When I first set this up, I followed Dr Lee's instructions  on uploading the hex files and was successful.  Dr Lee seems to prefer this method as he goes into great detail on how to do it..
My question is, am I getting confused between firmware and software, are the two methods the same, or will everything be accomplished by uploading the latest  ino file.
Thanks,
Andy KM4TRT