Re: Current Draw & Power Output Question

M Garza <mgarza896@...>

Doing a smoke test does not include setting the BFO!
No where on the site does it mention that the kit comes pre-calibrated.  The software is written to get the frequency close to being aligned.  Due to differences, some people have to calibrate.
As for the bias adjustment, if it was not transmitting, I would think it might need to be reset.  It is transmitting.  RV1 probably needs to be adjusted to get a little more drive.
There are alignment procedures for a reason.  Don't assume that the kit can be put together and you get instant use.  It has to be aligned.  Even the high $$ equipment has alignment procedures.

Marco - KG5PRT

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018, 6:17 AM Timothy Fidler <engstr@...> wrote:
iz. don't confuse the poor bugg_r There is a procedure for set up .  he needs to follow the procedure to get optimum output in SSB.  Now you bring up a red herring.  What I would find annoying is to see that there appears to have been ZERO set up on the test bench in India (he mentions it did not Rx as received either). You wonder if it was even turned on  to check for smoke leaks ??