Re: Faster tuning encoder

ajparent1/KB1GMX

MPJA has them and not very expensive....
see....   http://www.mpja.com/Handwheel-Digital-Encoder-100PPR-5VDC/productinfo/33106+MI/
That is a 100p/turn unit and works well for me in other applications.  At $16.95 its a consideration.

However! Warning, not all of the Arduino code bases out there will follow a 400 Pulse/turn
encoder unless interrupt driven.   I know this as I have a bunch of commercial and
industrial optical encoders that use that rate.  The listed 100p/t did work well with
the later codes that respond well to the mechanical encoder.

Note those are much larger than the little fragile things.

Allison