Re: Bitx40 vs. uBitx

MVS Sarma

If you could have a 20m  band pass filter before antenna signal reaches the first mixer, It is very likely you get those two station on uBitx too.
 All the best
sarma
vu3zmv

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 6:42 PM KM4TRT via Groups.Io <garello=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have a carolina windom 80 antenna about 25 ft up, and whether I'm on the uBit x or the Icom 7300 I get about the same reception.   In the morning 20 meters is good, and after it dwindles , 40 meters stays.  At night 80 meters is hopping.
havn't spent much time on 10 yet.  But you're right Jack, when 20 meters is "dead", if I look on the ICOM, i almost always find a couple of stations.  I think its worth having the uBit x just to have the 80-40-20 option. and it's a great receiver.
Andy