Re: Latest list of ubitx sources for newbies and for not so newbies. If you have any additions please let me know.

Dr. Flywheel

Regarding the PJRC module, here is the schematics:
image.png
The CODEC part is very much the reference design provided by the part manufacturer. The support for the EEPROM and the SD card is optional. The libraries will be compatible with any SGTL5000 or for that matter a long list of other I2S compatible CODECs (look at the source code). Anyhow, I hope that you guys will consider the integration of the CODEC. Also note that the libraries will support the internal A/D-D/A of the Freescale ASIC with very few components (resistors, capacitors) added. Sample resolution of 12-bits is sufficient for the type of audio DSP that we need, though the higer bit-rate CODECs are much better. It is a matter of cost effectiveness and board space.

image.png

Below shows mono circuits for a lower grade Teensy, however the circuit are the same for the V3.6 for the corresponding pins.

Here is an input circuit (mono):
image.png
here is the output circuit (mono):

image.png

--Ron    N7FTZ

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 9:49 AM W2CTX <w2ctx@...> wrote:

You might be thinking of the JackAl video.

On September 18, 2018 at 12:28 PM "Dr. Flywheel" <Dr.Flywheel@...> wrote:

Hi Jim,

Since you referenced a video demonstrating audio DSP capabilities, I wonder if you guys have experimented with the internal A/D-D/A capabilities of the Teensy, rather than the add-on PJRC Audio Codec.  In addition, do you have plans for future release of a board that will include an integrated Audio Codec in order to remove the need for PJRC audio module. This would simplify the wiring complexity and probably save some $$ too.

Thanks for your diligent work.

--Ron     N7FTZ

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 9:06 AM Jim Sheldon < w0eb@...> wrote:
You might add the "Triumvirate Skonk Worx" group's website where we have lots of info, software and alternate stuff for the uBITX as well.   http://www.w0eb.com