Re: 2N2222A vs 2N3904 sourcing

ajparent1/kb1gmx

Hi Jim,...High gain in small pieces with input close to output...around and around it goes,,,

12:05 today I said...
So I know its doable, but you can not fold the amp on itself and have antennas (heatsinks) with RF and hope for stability.

Lumps of gain can be stable strung together in a cramped pace is much more of a challenge.

I have amps that work very well.  Hans has done it as well.  All of the have one thing in common the
input is as far as possible from the output. Its not magic but trying to wring out the last drop of gain
is an unsuccessful way to go as its not stable even with good layout.  The next batch may or many
not work due to nominal variations.

Allison