Re: Ubitx evolving fixes updated to wiki? #ubitx #ubitx-help

Howard Fidel

Jeff et al:
There are multiple proposed fixes for the multitude of issues. For example, for the harmonics on CW I have redesigned the filters so that the existing artwork can be used. Others have added external filter boards. Both work. The spur issue is still a works in progress.
My suggestion to anyone that is not skilled enough to do the design and testing themselves is to wait. Enjoy your uBitx and in a few months clear solutions should arise, and HFSignals will probably make the appropriate modifications. Then you can decide if you want to tackle the upgrade yourself or get another uBitx with all the fixes.

Howard

On 9/12/2018 11:23 AM, Jeff Omundson wrote:
I have been following the work everyone is putting in to solve the various issues with the ubitx.  The threads addressing the harmonic and spur issues are getting really long and trying to get a handle on it can be tough, especially for those of us who are not seasoned electronic wizards.  Is there enough consensus on working solutions so that we could write something up for each problem on the wiki?  It seems like solutions are still evolving, so may be this would need to be updated over time.  It sounds like the spur issue might have a fix at this point.  For the harmonic issue,  I know some people propose building separate boards.  I think another solution was to cut traces to the existing filters and re-wire them.  I don't know if I am the only one grappling a bit with understanding the best course of action.

-Jeff
AG7NW