It's not a good idea to violate FCC regulations if you are licensed and/or operate in the U.S.A. If you annoy somebody you will know by the loud moaning and whining.

73,

Bill KU8H

On 09/05/2018 11:20 AM, RICHARD wrote:
So it’s OK to violate FCC regulations , if you do not annoy anybody? How
do you know?

Windows 10

*From:* BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of SM6MOJ
<@Aeronaut>
*Sent:* Wednesday, September 5, 2018 3:29:45 AM
*To:* BITX20@groups.io
*Subject:* [BITX20] Stone Soup

At last, my µBITX is configured and I can use it for local contacts on
80 m, together with a Pi-filter antenna matcher and a G5RV antenna. The
band is quiet at 09.00 local time and I am not likely to annoy anybody
with spurious emissions.

The discussions about filters and spurious emissions go right over my
head, since I do not have access to a lot of expensive lab gear. This
can be left to those who have access to equipment and better knowledge
than I have.

I bought a Wehrmacht receiver about 20 years ago. Although it was then
about 50 years old, its calibration was still spot-on. It was quite
simple, electrically, but was ruggedized and field-serviceable. Many of
the components were located in individual diecast aluminium enclosures.
Thinking about the discussion about µBITX filters, I realised that it
would be reasonable to assume that the cross-talk etc. that people
complain about could be cured or reduced by putting each filter unit in
its own metal box.

So I offer the challenge to those who know better than I do - please
install metal shields round each individual filter and tell us what happens.

While you are at it, you could also test rigs like the HW-7 or HW-8 and
tell us about their spurious emissions.

--
bark less - wag more