Re: stone soup ingredient list, what bands and modes are usable

Brent Seres/ VE3CUS

Well said, Scott.
We should treat the ubitx, and many other HB projects as radio 'build it" kits. I wonder how many other basement projects dont meet spec? I also totally understand where Warren is coming from...many new hams would look at at the price and all the features, without understanding all the implications, and just reading these forums has been a huge education for me.

Interestingly, I have searched the Canadian regs for info on spurs, etc. and can find nothing other than 'must not cause harmful interference'

Now if only the same social conscience as shown here was embraced by manufacturers of consumer electronics,  I might be able to hear something on 80 meters. Just my FWIW.

73 all
Breny