Re: 80 Meters Harmonics Fix Proposal

ajparent1/KB1GMX

Howard,

>>You can't argue with success! However, I don't quite understand a few things. Why remove the electrolytics, the bulk capacitance can't hurt? Why not center tap the transformer primary and feed the DC there? It should have the same result and is simpler.

I sorta agree.
The bulk caps should be retained if only relocated.

The center tap vs bias transformer goes both ways.  in some cases the bias transformer keeps
DC out of the output and aids stability.  it also allows for doing unusual forms of transformers that
do not center tap well.

Jim is retracing my path and doing a lot of the things I tried.  He is performing experimental
changes and measuring them.   Good on that.   If he is having fun who am I to stop him.

Allison