Re: Sustained Transmit Power #firmware

ajparent1/KB1GMX <kb1gmx@...>

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 05:42 PM, Larry Plummer wrote:
2.  WSPR has long 1 minute 52 second key down transmit times.  I plan to transmit on alternate cycles, i.e 2 minutes transmit and 2 minutes recieve.  Will the uBitX support sustained output of 5 watts sith this duty cycle?
Depends on what band and how big the fan is.  Seriously it does require moving air to cool it.
I wonder how many are in tight boxes and cooking the finals.

I never noticed frequency stability issues. TCXO is better but I have no proof its needed or required.

Allison