Re: K5BCQ uBITX Relay Switched LPF/BPF board

ajparent1/KB1GMX

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 12:10 PM, David Posthuma wrote:

Why manual band switching? Could not the code select the proper filter according to frequency the user selects on the uBitx? Could not the RF Switching be done using pin diodes or FET switching? I’m just trying to learn, thanks.

David A Posthuma, WD8PUO

First there are two issues one being poor harmonic filtering and Kees is addressing that here.

The other is spurs from inadequate filtering above 17M,  That requires band pass filters before
the power amp.  The tail end low pass filter cannot fully try to address that.

I doubt the band pass filters he sells can stand 10W in that location.   Kees comment please?

Allison