Re: CW OPERATION

Gordon Gibby

Ron

Where do I go to look for your group software?

Now that I got my harmonic somewhat more under control, I’m going to want to pick out good software modify it if needed and have it ready for our local group.

Thanks!

Gordon

On Sep 3, 2018, at 09:54, W2CTX <w2ctx@...> wrote:

Well maybe no one is paying attention but our software has CAT control, S-meter display, Pass Band Tuning, and

we build "memory manager" into the software so, you do not need a pc to change things. We also have a

companion Remote Control Program that allows control of the uBITX from a PC.  We also include keyboard control and

keyboard CW sending.

We are not in competition with Ian, we are just a few guys trying to make the best uBITX possible.  We make our

efforts available if people want to try them.

rOn

On September 3, 2018 at 9:00 AM MadRadioModder <madradiomodder@...> wrote:

Jim… I think you may have missed many of the positive features of the Nextion display… and in particular BECAUSE of that editor, anyone can move those, how did you call it… clutter?, things around… add and subtract easily to fit their needs without understanding and writing hundreds of lines of code like others implementations?.  That is a real BIG plus.  And… if the popularity of the Nextion keeps up, it will be no time before, feeling left out of the game, the “competition” follows suit with their own clone-ish display.  Now Ian’s code isn’t perfect, but it has brought us a lot of positive things… decent CAT control, usable “S” meter circuitry, IF shift for attenuation… etc.  And the memory manager.  Yeah at some point it makes sense for some real programmers to do a rewrite…

Dumping on Ian isn’t a good sales tactic given his base…

…_. _._