Re: CW OPERATION

Jim Sheldon

I don't like to be overly critical, but I've been hinting for months now.  I am now openly stating that KD8CEC's software has it wrong and it's been wrong from the beginning.  I call on Ian Lee to clean up his code and get it right before he adds any more junk to his programs.

Jim, W0EB

On Sep 2, 2018, at 9:33 PM, Gordon Gibby <ggibby@...> wrote:

Yeah but the point is it’s the receiver that should offset. Not the transmitter

On Sep 2, 2018, at 22:31, Jim Tibbits <ab7vf1@...> wrote:

Gotta offset,  can't hear em on the carrier

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 7:01 PM W2CTX <w2ctx@...> wrote:

Found this video explaining CW Zero-beating.  So based on this explanation the following is illustrated

for 7.040.000:    Dial displays 07.040.000, you transmit on 07.040.000, and the receive is offset by the

sidetone value.

Of course this is based on the video being correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrC7JmNw1eY

rOb