Re: VK4PP uBitx LPF BANK add-on Board

Jerry Gaffke

It becomes a big deal when they hook up a uBitx to their KW linear.
Especially if they goose up the mike gain to get enough drive.

My primary concern is that any future version of the uBitx meet regs for most jurisdictions.
Worth keeping these issues visible in the forum till that happens.

Jerry

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 09:34 AM, Mark M wrote:
On 9/2/18 6:07 AM, MadRadioModder wrote:
... the guy who may have just received his license and bought a uBITx thinking it was a nice cheap way to enter the world of HF that now has to deal with this (like some friends of mine).  They can either rely on the experts (self-proclaimed or otherwise) to bail them out of this mess or be given a very simple solution that is possible for them to execute.  ...
Or they can ignore it all and just use the damned thing. I suspect that's what most users will do. I'd guess that the vast majority of uBitX buyers aren't even aware of the issues and those who are don't care. And, realistically, it probably isn't that big of a deal anyway (which I realize is heresy to many on this forum but is nonetheless the reality of the situation).

My $0.02 worth...as always, YMMV...

Mark AA7TA