Re: uBitx Unfiltered

Glenn

Allison,  some nice do-able ideas there. I have some 82.2MHz crystal filters here and thought  that they may eliminate the issues above 20MHz? Happy to send you a pair if they help your project.

glenn

----snipped----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Result then is a decent 80 -17M radio.   Forget anything over 20mhz the filters before
the amp is much more difficult and otehr issues conspire to make it a mess.  We need
V5 to get that.

The plan for mine was a mil style man pack with 80/40/20/10 as primary bands (must have)
low power RX with AGC and 5-10W TX.  As work on ubitx proceeded it was obvious getting
that in the package identified was not going to fit due to added blocks to make it work
and I found the power needs rather high for something I plan to run on battery.

I will have to come up with my own design to fill that need.  I already have a breadboarded
version that needs to be size reduced to fit.

Allison