Re: VK4PP uBitx LPF BANK add-on Board

Gordon Gibby <ggibby@...>

I decided to test the  little daughterboard system that I built to move the input filtering off theboard.

Everything connected:  80 metersignal (has to go thru three relays on the board and 3 relays off the board):  S9+30 dB in my apprxoimately 70db attenuation system.

Remove the wire from the soldered-to-the-trace input to just the 80 meter LPF, lay it a couple centimeters to the side....

Signal  dropped to barely hearable and S0.

30 db for  the portion above S9  (verified with attentuators)

18 db more toget to S7.5  (verified  with attentuators)

Unknown from S7.5 to S0 but likely at  least 6db/Sunit (sincethose above7 were 12dB perS unit measured) --42 db

Total isolation at 80 meters roughly 90 dB

​at the very least (down to the verified  S7.5 point) 48 dB + whatever it takes to go from 7.5 to0

Icom718.

So the isolation at 80 meters seems good....probably declines with frequency

gordon