Re: Keyer

Adam Goler

What is the issue you're having? I'm guessing it's not working. From your description it seems like you have it wired up in the right way.

First, I would verify the paddle is mechanically functioning by verifying connectivity through the jack, i.e. one side of the paddle connects the "dit" terminal on the jack to ground and vice versa for "dah".

Once that is verified, I would make sure that the ground pin of the jack is connected to the raduino ground. I had a similar problem. If you don't ground the jack the bottom of the voltage divider used to determine whether the paddle has been keyed is floating. If this is the case (enclosure pun intended), when you key either side of the paddle nothing will happen.

Reversing the resistors will only swap dit for dah.