Re: Odd FT8 transmit behavior #ubitx-help

Mike KK7ER

I'll check on the wsjt-x slider position tonight (already tried various sound driver slider positions, not the wsjt-x one, however).  We have not fully checked out the radio with SSB voice until now.  A quick check a while back showed distorted but intelligible speech at the receiver.  And I had to speak pretty loudly into the (cheap baofeng) microphone to get an audible signal on the antenna-less SSB receiver sitting next to the uBITX.

The presence of the carrier concerns me, though.  When I listen to other people's FT8 signals I do not observe any carrier, only the sideband.  It makes me wonder if the firmware is doing something strange.

73 Mike KK7ER